PFA’s Office During COVID-19
During these unpredictable times of closures, we want you to know that although our office is closed, we are still operational to provide critical autism information and resources:
- The PFA website is available 24/7 where you may access our online provider directory, read tips articles on a large variety of topics, and organize using our Autism by Age guide
- We are still taking phone calls on our Resource Help Line at 443.330.5341
- You may reach us via email. Helpline questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. For other contacts, please visit our staff directory.
- We will continue to share resources through social media
We are also busy planning for our summer recreational events! So start looking forward to sailing, topiary gardens, and baseball games.
Please note that Pathfinders for Autism (PFA) has cancelled or postponed all programming and in-person fundraising events from March 14-April 30 as our community grapples with the effects of COVID-19. Any workshops, free family fun events or in-person fundraising events that have been scheduled during that time have been canceled or postponed.
While in-person fundraising events are being postponed, we remain steadfast in our efforts to fund our mission. We invite you to take part in creative online fundraising campaigns and stay tuned for more ways in which we plan to host virtual fundraising events. Your support is greatly appreciated during this time.
Let’s look out for one another and we will get through this together.
Check out our COVID-19 Resource page for links to social stories, articles, education sites, activities to do at home, virtual field trips, and county school sites for student learning resources and meal pick-up locations.
IMPROVING THE LIVES OF
individuals with autism & the people who care for them
Established in 2000 by parents of children with autism, Pathfinders for Autism has since grown into Maryland’s largest autism organization. Pathfinders for Autism works to support and improve the lives of individuals affected by autism through expansive, individualized programming, and by providing resources, training, information and activities free of charge.
News & Events
Check out our upcoming workshops, trainings, recreational, and fundraising events.
Zoomcast Interviews with Rob Long
Host Rob Long interviews leading experts on topics that range from the new autism prevalence rates, wandering and elopement, behavior, diagnoses and the DSM-5, coping at home and more!
Interactive Online Workshops:
– Autism and Epilepsy in Adults – Oct. 6
– When They Wander or Run Away – Oct. 14.
– Measuring Student Progress on the IEP – Oct. 21
– Promoting Positive Interactions with Law Enforcement – Oct. 26
– Toilet Training Children and Adolescents with ASD – Nov. 18
– Promoting Social Skills and Pragmatic Language in Children – Nov. 21
– Complete Your MD ABLE Application (view the webinar anytime)
It’s our 20th anniversary!!
See all of the ways we’re celebrating and who we’re honoring
10th Annual Run Wild for Autism
5K and 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk
September 27, 2020
September 30, 2020
20th Anniversary Un-Gala
November 14, 2020
Join our Annual Campaign 20 for 20
I appreciate that when I call Pathfinders for Autism, whether I’m just looking for a resource or I’m calling in distress, I get a friendly voice and a person who really ‘gets it’.”
“Thank you for blessing thousands of us with your resources, wisdom and humor. You all are the best!!!”
“Thank you so much for your help. I can’t tell you how thankful I am for this, I feel like a giant weight has been lifted.”
Autism is a lifelong journey.
Pathfinders for Autism is here to help you every step of the way.
The Pathfinders for Autism Resource Center is the cornerstone of our efforts to serve Maryland’s families by providing timely, accurate, autism-specific information and resources. Our Resource Staff responds personally to inquiries. Navigate some of our key resources below, or call our Help Line at 443-330-5341 for more information.